God the Father has lovingly reconciled all people to himself through his Son Jesus Christ, rescuing them from sin and condemnation (2 Corinthians 5:19), and now by his Holy Spirit empowers all believers in Jesus to be his witnesses throughout the world (Acts 1:8), commissioning them to make disciples of all nations. (Matthew 28:18-20).
Therefore, by God’s grace and presence we commit ourselves to COMMISSIONED LIVING, to the end that God is glorified as people are made disciples of Jesus.
- We will gladly receive and fully depend on God’s promises and provision, choosing to live simply so as to make the best use of God’s gifts.
- We will faithfully pray for the advance of God’s Kingdom, particularly among those least reached.
- We will pursue God’s design for interdependency, discerning and valuing the roles to which God has called each of us for his global mission.
- We will boldly proclaim God’s Good News by our testimony and love for our neighbor.
- We will act in accordance with God’s mercy and justice, in advocacy for the weak and marginalized.
- We will live intentionally in community with the Body of Christ and others, to best care for one another, God’s world, and his abundant gifts.