What is the estimated start date and duration?
- We will follow the school year, going semester by semester. With the rolling start you can move in earlier but you would have to work for WMPL in some capacity. The Discipleship House schedule officially begins at the end of August. Community members once accepted are welcomed to move in at a prearranged time during the summer. Our time together will begin in September and last to the end of the scholastic year.
What will the young adults learn?
- Group learning activities will include the following: group Bible studies, book studies, intercultural experiences, and conversations and workshops with seasoned missionaries. Other areas of growth include: Scriptural understanding, Spiritual Disciplines, global and cultural understandings, global realities from a Scriptural perspective,
How many hours a week(about) will we be expected to be working/studying/or just present/etc. at wmpl/the house?
- 12 hours for full time students/workers and 20 for those who have part time commitments.
Who all will be living at the house besides the young adults?
- Missionaries on home staff or home assignment but mainly just the young adults. However there will be others involved in the community that do not live on the grounds.
Will there be someone with a leadership/mentor role living in the house?
- Yes, Derrick and La Dauna Boulianne will be in a unique role as participants but also leaders. As for mentors we will have mentors within the organization paired with or available to participants.
What makes this program unique?
- Our focus on World Mission, the unreached, engaging the culture around us while navigating what it means to follow Jesus and be a part of the mission of God makes us unique. We are focused on preparing holistically and intentionally for the ways in which God calls us to participate in His Global Mission.